Sunday, April 7, 2013

Communication.

Who doesn't shudder when they hear their partner talk about communication. Seriously I know it's super important and relationships can't grow without it. But still. The other day when I was talking to my Dom and He said he wanted to know me better I cringed inside. He knows me sexually but there is more to me than things I want to try and things I already like. It's not that I have secrets. I truly do not have secrets from that man. Or things that I am trying to hide from Him. There are things I haven't told Him, yes, but they aren't bad things. Like I have PCOS (polycystic overy syndrome) How the hell does one tell their partner that "I don't get my period naturally and don't release eggs every month". It isn't anything that can be passed to a sexual partner can get so I am not hurting Him in any way by not saying anything. I just don't exactly know how to bring that up. Or talk about myself? I love talking don't get me wrong. But I sometimes feel like I have such a boring past. And I don't want to bore Him. At all. And I do talk, but mostly about what's currently going on in my life or things that are going on with mutual friends of ours. Also I don't know what He wants to know. I will ask Him the next time we are cuddling on the couch but that might be a couple of days away. I just need to get used to being open and willing to give my opinion. I also hate being wrong. It's one of the worst things in my opinion. Ugh. Have a great weekend y'all!! 

Do any of you all have communication stories or problems??

Happy Communicating!!!

2 comments:

  1. Communication can always be difficult. Even with my husband, there are times where I am just at a loss for words or even how to go about something. I've found though, that writing things down and then discussing the list, or just giving him the notes, can work towards breaking the ice and starting communication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! I really like the idea of writing things down on a list and then talking about it. Even then though (like tonight) when he brought up different things on here it was all I could do to just bury my head in His chest and not really have long responses. It's a start! Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete